13th March 2020
As a consequence of the escalation of the Covid-19 pandemic around the world, Grand College strongly advises the following:
- Members over the age of 65 years, and those with hypertension, heart disease, lung disease or diabetes no longer attend meetings until further notice.
- Any meetings with an expected attendance over 100 be Abandoned until further notice. Comment on Abandoning, or Postponing meetings are detailed below.
- In countries where the Government has introduced measures which are over an above 1. and 2. above, members are strongly advised to follow those measures.
In the light of the above all Tabernacles under Grand College may, should they so wish, Postpone or Abandon a meeting without penalty.
- If a meeting is postponed until a later date or moved to a different location, then a Dispensation is required. In the circumstances such Dispensation can be given without charge.
- Where it is decided that a meeting will not take place, then it should be deemed to have been Abandoned.
- In circumstances where a summons has been issued, write meeting abandoned on the summons along with the reason “Abandoned due to COVID-19 precautions”. Put a minute in the minute book similarly saying “Abandoned due to COVID-19 precautions”.
- In circumstances where a summons has NOT yet been issued. Issue a summons for the regular date but state within it “Meeting will be Abandoned due to COVID-19 precautions” and place this summons in the minute book.
Yours sincerely and fraternally
R. Ill. Kt. Pt. Glyn R. Goddard,